Posted on June 21, 2015
I love the new Les Beiges summer collection from Chanel, especially their nail polishes! There are three shades of beige and one is pink. Here I used the 659 Beige Pur as a base and 655 Beige Rose from half way of my nails down to creat a colour block. I think this look created a ‘barely there’ effect and it’s so chic that I can’t stop looking at them.
P.s. Don’t worry if you can’t make the colour block so perfect because I think the slightly cricket lines make this look more organic. And the pink colour is very opaque so you only need to paint one coat to cover the base.
Posted on June 17, 2015
Summer is here finally! I’m totally in love with the warm peachy-coral tone, It’s time to put your best summer face forward!
From top left clockwise: Dior Vernis in Sunkissed; Diorskin Nude Tan Tie Dye Edition Blush in Coral Sunset; Chanel Illusion d’ombre Velvet; Lancôme Shine Lover Lipstick 136; Dior Vernis in Sunwashed.
Posted on January 27, 2015
It’s been really warm here in Calgary, which is a blessing in January, I felt like putting some spring colours on my nails. The new colours from Dior Spring/Summer collection are perfect. I put two coats of the pastel mauve pink (#294 Lady) as the base and the delicate sprinkle mix of yellow, white and blue particles as topcoat (Blossoming).
Posted on December 15, 2014
Masks are something that I can not live without as part of my beauty routine. Not only they do all kinds of amazing stuff like hydrating, purifying, smoothing and brightening up my skin, but also help me to relax and sooth myself. So here are some of the products that I am using at the moment:
1. Sisley Black Rose Mask – as I have mentioned in my previous post, it brightens up the skin instantly and leaves it looking younger and smoother just after 10 minutes! I always use it before going out for date nights and special occasions.
2. Clarins Beauty Balm – just like the Sisley black rose mask, this one leaves skin feeling tighter and smoother, it is best to be used under the foundation or BB cream. The balm acts like a clear film and it makes the foundation go on smoother and last longer.
3. Aesop Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque – contains clarifying clay that tracks the dirty stuff from the pores, as well as refreshes skin without leaving it feeling dry. I use this mask every other day on my T zone for a clearer result.
4. Glamglow Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment – it has an unique mud-to-oil texture where the mud purifies the skin, and by adding some water it transforms the mud to oil which leaves skin velvety fresh. I really like the smell of it too, it smells like a green apple.
5. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask – the velvety mask acts like a hydrating treatment and makes skin looking firmer and radiant. It also has a cooling effect that make you feel so fresh after washing it off.
6. Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask to Quench Skin’s Thirst – this is great for hydrating dry and dull skin, just like its name it quenches skin’s thirst within just 10 minutes! And it smells like a delicious sweet peach, hmm… yummy!
Apart from using those wash off masks, I also love the single sheet ones. I usually store them in the fridge and use it in the morning to freshen up and it helps to reduce the puffiness too.
Posted on November 30, 2014
Sisley has always been one of my favourite skin care brands. I have been using these two products from its Black Rose range for a while now, they do wonderful things for my skin, especially now that I am pregnant, so my skin became very sensitive and picky on certain stuff that I use.
Both of the Black Rose Face Oil and Black Rose Cream Mask are rich in anti-aging ingredients that give the skin an instant glow from within. I use the face oil every night after my toner followed by a 3-5 minutes mini facial massage – I warm up 5-8 drops of the oil in between my palms and use upwards and circular strokes from the centre of the face outwards to my ears. And on my neck, I massage the oil in from the collar bones up to my chin. Remember to use long and firm strokes while working the oil in until it is completely absorbed.
I use the Black Rose Cream Mask as my secret “youth booster” before going out for date nights or parties. It only needs 15 minutes to get rid of signs of fatigue and always leaves my skin looking energized and glowing.